Since 1977, Hazel's has been recognized as an established leader in the expedited freight industry.
Hazel's has a long and impressive track record of serving the transportation needs of thousands of customers ranging from small local companies to Fortune 100 companies. We work with manufacturing companies, public utilities, parts suppliers, and everything in between.
At Hazel’s we provide point-to-point courier and delivery services, scheduled same day deliveries, expedited “hot shot” deliveries, and over-the-road long-distance transport services. We also offer air freight forwarding services and air charters when ground transport isn’t fast enough for time-critical deliveries.
We offer our employee drivers a great benefit package: medical insurance (split cost with employer); voluntary dental/vision/cancer coverage, 401k, and 1 week paid vacation!
Hazel’s Hot Shot is currently looking for motivated full time Class A 53' Flatbed/Dry Van truck drivers to join our growing Company. Our drivers play a vital role in our ability to provide outstanding service to our customers.
**Driver will be driving a Company Truck. All Vehicle and Fuel costs will be paid by the company.
• Driver will be doing local deliveries and regional over the road deliveries.
• Driver must be in CONSTANT cell phone communication with Dispatch to receive orders throughout the day
• Full-time position – On call through rotation for the weekend
• Monday through Friday as the workload dictates – typical work day will commence early morning and finish when route is completed, but Drivers are expected to arrive early and stay late when needed (within legal limits).
Compensation is based on experience and tenure with Hazel’s. Our drivers receive raises based off of performance and tenure. We offer mileage pay for over the road deliveries, local flat rate pay (plus stop off) for deliveries in the metroplex, and hourly pay for anything extra our drivers do.
$2,500 signing bonus paid $1000 after 30-Days and $1,500 after 6 months!
• Valid Class A CDL
• Ability to navigate
• Must work well independently
• Must perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections in a timely manner
• Must be safety oriented
• Ability to complete daily paperwork
• Age 25 or older
• High school diploma/G.E.D.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to maneuver freight of any weight above 50 lbs. with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person.
• Good human relations and verbal communication skills.
• Neat appearance since customer contact is required.
• Ability to drive a vehicle in variable weather and traffic conditions.
• Ability to climb, bend, balance, kneel, crawl, push, and pull while loading and unloading items from trailers.
• All drivers must pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.