Since 1977, Hazel's has been recognized as an established leader in the expedited freight industry.
Hazel's has a long and impressive track record of serving the transportation needs of thousands of customers ranging from small local companies to Fortune 100 companies. We work with manufacturing companies, public utilities, parts suppliers, and everything in between.
At Hazel’s we provide point-to-point courier and delivery services, scheduled same day deliveries, expedited “hot shot” deliveries, and over-the-road long-distance transport services. We also offer air freight forwarding services and air charters when ground transport isn’t fast enough for time-critical deliveries.
We offer our employee drivers a great benefit package: medical insurance (split cost with employer); voluntary dental/vision/cancer coverage, 401k, and 1 week paid vacation!
Hazel’s Hot Shot is currently looking for motivated full time Class A 53' Flatbed/Dry Van truck drivers to join our growing Company. Our drivers play a vital role in our ability to provide outstanding service to our customers.
**Driver will be driving a Company Truck. All Vehicle and Fuel costs will be paid by the company.
• Driver will be doing local deliveries and regional over the road deliveries.
• Driver must be in CONSTANT cell phone communication with Dispatch to receive orders throughout the day
• Full-time position – On call through rotation for the weekend
• Monday through Friday as the workload dictates – typical work day will commence early morning and finish when route is completed, but Drivers are expected to arrive early and stay late when needed (within legal limits).
Compensation is based on experience and tenure with Hazel’s. Our drivers receive raises based off of performance and tenure. We offer mileage pay for over the road deliveries, local flat rate pay (plus stop off) for deliveries in the metroplex, and hourly pay for anything extra our drivers do.
$2,500 signing bonus paid $1000 after 30-Days and $1,500 after 6 months!
• Have a current and valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class A
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and the general public
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
• Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to navigate
• Must be customer friendly
• Must perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections in a timely manner
• Must be safety oriented
• Age 25 or older is preferred
• Must pass Motor Vehicle Record Check
• Must pass background check
• Must have at least 2 years of experience operating the equipment assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. A Driver must meet the physical requirements in FMCSA Section 391.41 for CDL Drivers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to hear. The employee is frequently required to sit or talk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, hold objects, and perform repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, crawl, reach, grasp, or feel. The employee must be able to regularly perform medium to heavy lifting and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to maneuver freight of any weight above 50lbs with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person. Heavy eye/hand/foot coordinate is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to temperature changes and workplace hazards. The employee must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and/or heavy equipment on a regular basis.